Frequently Asked Questions
- Anyone who is looking for an unbiased evaluation of their current financial situation.
- Anyone with an IRA, 401K, TSA, or any other investment, who would like to fully understand what they own and how it works, to help know how to maximize these dollars.
- Anyone who would like to develop a plan that offers financial confidence through the use of a conservative, low volatility portfolio
No. Jeff Cutter, CPA/PFS started his management firm because he believes that each investor is unique and no single investment company is right for everyone. However, Cutter Financial Group’s whole wealth management system is built on a foundation of conservative and low risks investments. Our clients cannot afford to go backwards.
- Many of the people who come to visit us already have a financial representative. Often, that individual does not specialize in retirement planning, and may work for one particular financial company rather than for the client. In many cases, they do not work under a fiduciary standard. In contrast, Jeff is required to meet the fiduciary standard. This means that Jeff must put his clients’ needs first.
All financial professionals are not created equal. Licensed CPAs have long been considered to have significant financial knowledge, objectivity and integrity, and are prepared to handle demanding financial situations. The PFS, or Personal Financial Specialist, is a professional designation reserved for CPAs only and requires additional education, real-world experience and extensive knowledge to pass a rigorous exam.
President Jeff Cutter, CPA, PFS, graduated from the Massachusetts Maritime Academy in Buzzards Bay. After a successful career as both an Officer in the US Merchant Marine and US Naval Reserves, he earned both an MS in Accounting and an MBA, with distinction, from the exclusive Graduate School of Professional Accounting at Northeastern University in Boston, MA. He began his financial career in 1994 at KPMG Peat Marwick in both Boston, MA and Providence, RI as a Certified Public Accountant. Jeff entered into the brokerage world with ING Financial Partners and later earned his PFS designation. In 2001, with his passion to help others, he opened Cutter Financial Group. In 2005, Jeff became a Registered Investment Advisor affiliate, and has a fiduciary responsibility to always act in the best interest of his clients.
You may schedule a time to visit by calling our office at (508) 388.7175 or click here to schedule a no-obligation initial consultation.
We are normally available Monday – Friday, 9:00 – 6:00 or by appointment.
There is absolutely no pressure, charge or obligation. Your first visit is designed to answer your questions, give you ample information, and give you an objective opinion on your current financial situation.
There are three offices for our customers’ convenience – located in Falmouth, Duxbury and Mansfield.
The following items would be helpful, the more you provide us, the more we can help you:
- Your latest financial statements such as: Mutual funds, CD’s, Life insurance policies, Annuity policies, Retirement accounts (IRA, 401K, TSA, 403B.etc.) [Please bring your statements not just a spreadsheet]
- Wills and Trusts
- A copy of last year’s Federal Income Tax Return
- An estimate of your annual expenses
- Any questions you may want to write down for discussion
This is YOUR hour. We will answer and address any questions you may have. By reviewing your information, Jeff will better understand your financial concerns and can then present you with options to help you develop a conservative and low volatility approach to retirement planning. At the close of the hour, you will decide if you want to meet again.